“Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness…” (Psalm 100:1-2)
We will conduct our public and online worship service at 10 AM on Sundays. We have space for 40 people. Congregation singing will resume on Sunday, October 11th with Covid protocols in place.
The Church Council at King of Kings took many things into consideration and believe that this is the best decision for our congregation and community at this time. The Council will review things at the end of November.
We will still be observing the following Covid – 19 protocols:
- Registration is required to attend our worship service. A worship service will be no larger than 40 people. You must register for a worship service by phone with Della at 403.728.3479.
- Only sit in pews that are open. If a pew or section of a pew is cordoned off, please do not sit there. You are asked to go immediately to a pew. Please do not hang around in the foyer.
- You will be ushered out of the building with timing given for proper physical distancing. Again, please do not hang around in the foyer. Please exit the building right away. Please respect the directions of our ushers.
- If you do remain outside of the church, please practice physical distancing. We want to set an example for our community.
- Please, no hugging or hand shaking.
- Continuing into November, we are continuing to serve Holy Communion on the first and third Sundays of the month. We want to serve the Lord’ Supper safely, so how we conduct our communion service will be different.
- Congregational singing has resumed. Masks are not required. We remain seated while we sing in families or cohorts. There is space set aside for those uncomfortable with congregational singing.
- There will be no access to the basement or church hall.
- There will be only one washroom in use, the one next to the church foyer.
- The coat closet will be cordoned off.
- The mail slots will not be in use.
- There will be no bulletins.
- Offering plates will be on a table just outside the sanctuary doors.
- There will be no Bibles or hymnals in the pews. Please bring your own Bible if you want to use one.
- The cushions to soften the pews will be not be available. Please bring your own if you need one.
- Ushers will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations in the foyer. Please sanitize your hands before entering the sanctuary.
- Worshipers are not required to wear a mask. Please feel free to wear a mask it that makes you comfortable.
- If you are unwell, please stay home.
These protocols may seem extreme to some, but it is what we must do to try to keep our congregation and community healthy. The past number of months are a reminder to us on how blessed we are to be able to worship in public. There are many countries that do not allow public worship at all. Thanks be to God that we can worship Him openly here in our nation.
For the Church Council,
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
“Let us come before Him with with thanksgiving…” (Psalm 95:2)