“Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness…” (Psalm 100:1-2)
We conduct our public and online worship service at 10 AM on Sundays. Space is limited due to current Covid – 19 protocols. Masks are REQUIRED for everyone from age ten on up. A youngster from birth to age nine does not have to wear a mask.
The Church Council at King of Kings Lutheran Church took many things into consideration and believe that this is the best decision for our congregation and community at this time. Such decisions are never made lightly.
We will be observing the following Covid – 19 measures:
- Registration is required to attend our worship service, as space is limited. You MUST register for a worship service by phone with Della at 403.728.3479.
- You will be ushered in and out of the building and sanctuary with timing given for proper physical distancing. Again, please do not linger in the foyer. Please exit the building right away. Please respect the directions of our ushers.
- If you do remain outside of the church to visit, please practice physical distancing. We want to set an example for our community.
- Please, no hugging or hand shaking.
- Going into December, we are continuing to serve Holy Communion on the first and third Sundays of the month. We want to serve the Lord’s Supper safely, so how we conduct our communion service will be different.
- Congregational singing is in place. Masks ARE required. We remain seated while we sing in families or cohorts. There is space set aside for those uncomfortable with congregational singing.
- There will be no access to the basement or church hall.
- There will be only one washroom available, the one next to the church foyer.
- The coat closet will be cordoned off.
- The mail slots will not be in use.
- There will be no bulletins.
- Offering plates will be on a table just outside the sanctuary doors.
- There will be no Bibles or hymnals in the pews. Please bring your own Bible if you want to use one.
- The cushions to soften the pews will be not be available. Please bring your own if you need one.
- Everyone will be REQUIRED to wear a mask at all times. The Pastor will have his mask off ONLY when leading worship and preaching.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations in the foyer. Please sanitize your hands before entering the sanctuary.
- If you are unwell, please stay home.
- Please be reminded that our plans may have to change if and when new pandemic protocols are announced by the province.
These measures may seem extreme to some, but it is what we must do to try to keep our congregation and community healthy. The past year is a reminder to us of how blessed we are to be able to worship publicly. There are many countries and at least two provinces in Canada that do not allow public worship at all at this time. Thanks be to God that we can still worship God publicly here in our province!
For the King of Kings Lutheran Church Council,
Pastor Russ Howard
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
“Let us come before Him with with thanksgiving…” (Psalm 95:2)